Published on 2/3/2022
C3 is making this post for our subscribers so they can get a good feel for what’s going on in the market and who some winners could potentially be. The Market is a crazy place right now and C3 has done the information compiling for you here in digestible bullet points.
- The Fed is looking to make a rate hike in March. No plans are known after this claimed rate hike in March.
- Morgan Stanley tells customers to hunker down for the long-term. Basically, MS is saying the market volatility will probably continue but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
- Hope for a bull market – Both the S&P and the Dow posted average one-year gains above 18% in the annual periods after a quarterly drop of 10% or more in the S&P.
- The thing that all market influencers and savvy investors always say is to keep buying and holding. Its repetitive and boring but it is battle tested.
- Crypto Winter – people are worried about a low period for Crypto, but things could be looking bright for the long-term.
- Executive Order – A threat to national security? Or s the administration says. They may have some weight behind that argument given all the scams that take place with Crypto. However, regulation could add trust to Crypto as scams are filtered out and a crypto ETF could be formed. Building trust in the digital currency could be the way to get it more mainstream.
- Founder of FTX Sam Bankman-Fried is one of the most charitable people on the planet in terms of giving away his wealth. He donates heavily to democratic politicians and some other causes that are not in alignment with Judeo-Christian values. Nonetheless he is an interesting person to be aware of as his crypto trading exchange FTX is one of the more dominant forces in the market right now. Interesting video HERE if you have 5 minutes to waste.
- Loans for mortgages and rent are going to go up due to the rate hikes by the federal government. Prices are going up everywhere because of labor shortages and supply chain issues.
- moomoo – 5 Free Stocks if you open an account. Just thought you would want to know of one of the best offers we have seen from a $0 commission fee brokerage. C3 is not an affiliate, and we get no money off anyone signing up for moomoo. We just thought it was a great deal. What stocks they give you, that could be a problem.
- META tanking! – The Market is driven heavily by algorithms and these algorithms tend to overact to both good news and bad news. Facebook daily active users has fallen for the first time on a quarter-to-quarter basis. Plus, META profits are down when compared to the last quarter. Of course, META also lost $10 billion on their reality labs endeavor but that is to be expected as META plans on investing heavily into Metaverse technologies in hopes that it will pay off big in the future. All of this is what caused the big dip in META stock yesterday. This all probably does not matter to C3 subscribers since META is on our ethical no-no list, but it is still good to know what causes the volatility in the market.
- Analysts are feeling more bullish in 2022 on just about every major sector when compared to a year ago (Energy, Materials and Real estate are a few of the notables). However, not all sectors are up. Two sectors that have lost a little bit of favor with major analysts this year are Utilities and Consumer Staples.
Now on to specific Stocks that are getting buzz in the market and the ethics behind them.
- GOLD = Passed the C3 ethical screening process
- PURPLE = NUETRAL Rating from C3
- RED = Failed the C3 ethical screening process